Literary and Cultural Programmes
The programmes arranged from time to time have been very popular among the literary and cultural circles. They include discourses, seminars, symposia, workshops, book realease functions, memorial lectures, endowment speeches, special lectures and the like. Most of the luminaries of the Telugu literary horizon participated in the literary programmes.
Apart from these items, the Parishath established a unique literary forum called ‘Saraswatha Vedika’ on 3-10-1976. The Vedika serves as a forum for poets, writers and critics to meet and deliberate on subjects of literary interest in an amiable atmosphere. In addition to arranging literary programmes, books have been published as compilations of the lectures.
Jnanpith Awardee Dr. C. Narayana Reddy, who succeeded Dr. Devulapalli Ramanuja Rao as President of the Parishath in 1993 gave a new direction and dimension to the activities of the Parishath, particularly literary programmes. Among other items, he introduced innovative lectures, ‘Parinathavani’ by Litterateurs aged above 65 years on their life and work. It has proved an immense success. Seven volumes of ‘Parinathavani’ have been published (2015) and this is a continuous process.
The Parishath conducts multiple items of varied nature bearing on language, literature, arts and culture of Telangana. Annual memorial lectures on chosen subjects based on the endowments instituted in the Parishath can be reckoned as a special feature. The endowments and lectures are shown below:
- Smt. Yerram Reddy Ranganayakamma Endowment Award, Lecture.
- Sri B.N. Sastry Endowment Award, Lecture.
- Dr. Bejawada Gopal Reddy Endowment Award, Lecture.
- Padmabhushan Dr. K. Anji Reddy Endowment Award, Lecture.
- Sri Aluri Bairagi Endowment Award, Lecture.
- Dr. Pakala Yashoda Reddy Endowment Award, Lecture.
- Dr. Devulapally Ramanuja Rao Award, Lecture.
- Dr. Thirumala Srinivasacharya Endowment Award, Lecture.
- Acharya Ravikanti Vasunandan Endowment Award, Lecture.
- Acharya Madupu Kulasekhara Rao Endowment Award, Lecture.
- Smt Tirumala Swarajya Lakshmi Endowment Award, Lecture.
- Smt Naraparaju Raghava Sita Endowment Award, Lecture.
- Mahakavi Vanamamalai Varadacharya Endowment Award, Lecture.
- Acharya G.Chennakeshava Reddy Endowment Award, Lecture
Some more programmes of distinctive character, conducted in recent years are as follows
- Study camp for Media Anchors,
- Tribal Art forms depicted in the ancient Telugu Classics : Lectures and Performance,
- Birth Day Celebrations of Sri Madapati Hanumantha Rao : A Seminar on his multi-facted personality,
- Devolopment of Telugu language - Some Suggestions : A Debate,
- Centenary of Telugu Short Story : A Seminar,
- Art and Sculpture in ancient Telugu literature,
- State Level Conference on Telugu Language and Literature,
- Folk Literature in Telugu - Original Forms : A Seminar,
- Telugu Short Story in Telangana : A symposium,
- A week long Study Camp on Film-lyric writing,
- A study camp for Cultural Reporters,
- Distinctive Folk Art Forms of Telangana : Lectures and Performance,
- ‘Sapthathi’ (70th Anniversary) Celebrations,
- Teaching of Telugu in Orieintal Colleges : A Seminar,
- Development of Telugu in Telangana : A Debate,
- Poets Meet : Recitation of poems by Poets in Telangana,
- State level Study Camp on Free verse,
- Dialectal words of Telangana - Their usage : A discussion,
- Ancient Dance form of Telangana : A Seminar,
- Poetical Excellence of Ancient Telugu Poets of Telangana : A Symposium,
- Services rendered by Qutub Shahi Rulers to Telugu literature : A Seminar,
- Unique features of Painting and Sculpture of Telangana : Lectures,
- State Level Festival on ‘Oggu’ Art Form,
- Triabal Languages and Literature of Telangana : A Seminar, and
- Meet of Women Poets and Story Writers.
- Telangana Sahitya Sourabhalu
- Telangana State Level Story Writers Work Shop.
- Telangana State Level Playwright Work Shop.